Our Seasonal Sites
Escape the hustle and bustle of the city by coming to Sunset Shores. Our seasonal facilities have everything you could dream - we are located at at the mouth of the Batchewana River on Highway 17 north, 68 kilometers north of Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
We have been blessed with one of the most beautiful locations on the eastern shores of Lake Superior on beautiful Batchewana Bay. At our seasonal locations you will find different sites available from a beachfront, lake view, pull-thru, tents or wooded RV sites big enough to accommodate big rigs with tows.
There is 15 and 30 AMP electric hook up, water or full service options, a dump station available for guests for gray water and every campsite is equipped with a fire pit and picnic table. Firewood can be purchased at the camp store.
Once you join our seasonal sites, you will be part of the larger sunset shores !Contact Us
- Seasonal campers’ renewal or winter storage is due on September 23rd 2018.
- Winter storage is $300 from October 10th 2018 until May 10th 2019. If you wish to renew and keep your seasonal site, then the $300 will go towards your total balance.
- People who wish to pull out after the winter must have their lot cleaned, clear all bills and have their RV off Sunset Shores property by May 10th 2019. You will be charged $20 per day until May 17th 2019, after that it will go up to overnight rate.
- People who do not wish to store their RV here for winter and not coming back for 2019 must have their lot cleaned, clear their electricity bills, and take their RV off Sunset Shores property by Oct 10th 2018.
- There will be a charge of $10 per day after Oct 10th 2018.
- There is a nonrefundable $200 fee if you wish to move to another site. This will go towards your seasonal balance. If you decide pull out or change your mind you will not get back the funds.
- We will post all available lots online and those who wish to change lots must apply and your site must be paid in full by May 17th 2019. If you are unable to make payments by the due date we will give your lot away.
- Please note, you are responsible for making payments on time. Sunset Shores will automatically retrieve unpaid lots and give to those who wish to take it.
- Campers who wish to move sites must clear their lots and be in their new lots by Oct 14th 2018. You will be fined $10 per day past your deadline.
- Seasonal campers who were here before 2019, rates are as follow:
- Water + Electricity = $1800 + tax
- Full Service Sites = $2000 + tax
- Full Service Near Water = $2050 + tax
- Water front Sites = $2750. + tax
- Seasonal campers coming in 2019 will be under a new contract, rates are as follow:
- Water + Electricity = $2100 + tax
- Full Service Sites = $2400 + tax
- Full Service Near Water = $2450 + tax
- Water front Sites = $3000 + tax
- Seasonal site payments are accepted from May 1st 2019. Seasonal campers will not be able to enter their site until full payments are made and license of occupation is fully signed.
- Seasonal sites are due in full by May 17th 2019. May 18th 2019 will be considered LATE and a fee of $100 will be added to your balance.
- Seniors with pension plans are subjected to a different payment plan if needed. Sunset Shores will charge an additional $20 per transaction*. Please contact Chan to set up payment plans that will be suited for both parties.
- Campers who wish to split their payments from May 1st to May 17th can do so with a charge of $20 per transaction*.
- Campers who wish to pay in instalments from now until May 1st 2019 for the next season will not incur a per transaction charge.
- Payments can be made with cash, e-Transfer, or debit card. No cheques. For credit card 2.5% surcharge will be added. Please e-Transfer to email@example.com make the password: Amberlicious
- By September 23rd 2018, all seasonal campers must give a $200 deposit for Hydro. If you have already made a $100 deposit, you will be required to give an additional $100 for your deposit. This increase is due to the fact that hydro bills exceed the original $100 deposit. This deposit is returned to you if you no longer wish to remain a seasonal camper. Hydro bills must be paid for and lots must be cleaned in order to receive your deposit.
- *Please note, the reason we charge extra for splitting payments is because the time it takes us to do our paper work.
- Seasonal Site
Seasonal sites must be kept cleaned. Campers are responsible to upkeep their lot and cut the grass.
- Seasonal sites come with 2 parking spaces. Please have both cars’ plate numbers when you come into register.
- Seasonal sites are allowed 4 people per site or the total dependents under 21 years old. Campers that have less than 4 people per site may add names to their site for a total of 4. These names are permanent for the Season
- Seasonal campers will get access cards for the gate. There is a $10 deposit for each access card.
- As of 2019, anything campers put into their lots, such as flowers, decks, or trees must be pre-approved by Sunset Shores. If it is approved, anything you put in will become Sunset Shores property except for your deck. If you do not wish to leave your deck behind, you must ask management if we would like to keep the deck. If not, you must take it with you.
- Campers who planted trees and flowers before 2019 may take them with you. When you leave your lot, you must fill up any empty holes and call management to inspect your site before you leave.
- All seasonal campers must have the back-flow preventer water valve. It is mandatory to keep our drinking water safe. Please ask office if you're unsure.
- We ask for 1 photo ID and credit card to keep in our files. You must sign our pre-authorized credit card form that allows Sunset Shores to process your card in the case of unpaid bills or damages to our property
- Do not cut any trees, branches or shrubs without speaking to Sunset Shores first. You will be fined or will have to replace anything you cut down.
- Do not cut pipes if it does not fit into your RV. Please speak to management and we may be able to assist you. If you cut it down you will have to replace everything that is damaged.
- Do not pour any concrete on your lot. You will pay for all damages.
- If you sell your RV, it does not come with your seasonal lot. Seller must speak to management to see if their seasonal lot can be passed on to the buyer.
- In the spring, campers are responsible for leaf raking on their lot. Campers will no longer need to bag their leaves, only rake your leaves in a pile where it is easily accessible so we can come and vacuum it up. Do not mix twigs or dead branches into your leaf pile
- Do not put any nails into trees, it is detrimental to the trees’ health.
- All construction must be pre-approved by management and must be completed before July 1st or begin after Labour Day.
- Seasonal sites come with boat launch. Seasonal campers do not have to pay extra fee to launch boats.
- Only 2 pets per site
- Pets must be on a 6-foot leash at all times.
- Clothes line are for swim wear only
- Non-sewer seasonal sites must have their holes connected all times to the honey wagon with the exception of when you take it out to the dump.
- No wooden sheds. Sheds must be plastic or metal and no larger than 6’x8’.
- As of 2019, all new fencing of any type will have to be under 4’6”. Fencing that was put up prior to 2019 is excluded from this rule.
- All firewood must be stored neatly within the campsite boundaries, (1 face cord max 4 x 8 feet) Do not burn garbage. Do not leave fires unattended.
- Visitors (starting May 2019 Visitors must pay)
All visitors must pay $5 for day visits and $8 to stay overnight.
- Day and overnight rates come with parking. Children under 2 are free.
- Visitors who are caught not registering will be fined $50.
- Visitors are not permitted to drive around the park and must park at visitors parking.
- Visitors with boats must pay a fee and dock their boats at the dock or pole. If you park your boat/watercraft at the beach you will be asked to leave Sunset Shores with no refund.
- *Campers must inform friends or family to come to the office to registered. Here at Sunset Shores we thrive to provide the best service. If you have friends or family visiting, understand to keep cost down for everyone visitors must pay.
- Electricity bill
Electricity bills will be read on July 2nd, October 2nd & November 2nd. Please pick up your hydro bill at the office. Campers must be pay bills before due date. $5 charge will be added if your bill is not paid on time
- November 2nd reading will be issued along with the July 2nd reading.
- There will be a $2 admin fee each time we give out a Hydro bill.
- Boat Docking/Parking/Fish Shack
All boats whether docked by the dock or by the poles must registered and pay a fee.
- All paddle boats and any type of water-crafts that are left on the grass by the dock must be registered and pay a fee.
- Docks are renewed every year as a first come first serve. You must pay for your dock and site in full by May 17th 2019. Do not assume Sunset Shores will hold your docking space.
- Do not put any types of boating or floaters around the docks on the grass without permission. It will be removed to our storage. You will be fined $20 and Sunset Shores will not be responsible for any damages
- To have your boat on Sunset Shores dock or pole please come in with a good quality printed out picture of your boat. You must fill out an information sheet and pay for your boat dock in full. This also includes all types of water-crafts that will be stored on Sunset Shores grass by the dock
- Docking fee for 2019 is $20 per foot per season.
- Docking fee at the pole for 2019 is $100 per season
- Fee for leaving watercraft on the grass by the dock is $50 per season
- Campers who brings water-crafts to the beach must take it back at the end of the night. Do not leave your water-crafts overnight. It will be removed nightly and you will be fined $20.
- Campers who wish to split docking fee payments may do so at a $20 charge per transaction.
- Anyone docking their boat illegally will be fined $100 per day.
- The fish shack is locked. If you wish to use the fish shack, please go to the office, leave a $10 deposit, your name, your lot number and phone number. Campers who use the fish shack must clean after themselves. Please inform management if you come into a dirty fish shack.
- Do not park anywhere around the dock. You must park in the designated area. (This will be defined in 2019) Anyone parking illegally will be fined $20.
- Cabin parking will only be for cabin rentals. Each cabin is allowed 1 free parking. Seasonal campers must not park around the beach and cabins. If you need to unload you may do so, then park your car at your lot. Illegal parking will be fined $20.
- No parking around the big cottage house. (We will have a clear, defined parking space in 2019).
- Do not park on other peoples' lot or empty lots.
Management dumps garbage every Monday morning. Please throw garbage out before that or wait until Monday night to throw out garbage.
- Do not throw anything that does not fit into the dump trailer opening. Be advised we are installing cameras around the park and at the garbage dump trailer. If you are caught illegal dumping you will be fined $100 and must remove your unwanted waste yourself.
Only a person with a G2 can drive any types of vehicle on Sunset Shores property.
- Do not drive vehicle drunk or with any open alcohol.
- Do not drive vehicle around the park.
- You may drive your ATV/UTV to the store, garbage, dock, beach to unload, and to pull your honey wagon to the dump
- The beach has limited space, do not park your ATV/UTV/golf cart there. You may only unload.
- Drive limit is 10 km/hr.
- No driving in the dark
- Water park
- We are proud to announce Sunset Shores will be putting in place a HUGE water park.
- Water park hours 10am-8pm
- The water park is free for seasonal campers
- Water park day pass for visitors is $19.99 a day
- Water park pass from 5pm-8pm is $9.99
- Life Jacket deposit is $30. You get back $25 when it’s returned.
- Water park opens May 24 weekend weather permitting until labour day weekend.
- Water Park Rules
No excessive pulling or tugging.
- No abusing the water toys
- No tipping any toys over
- No pushing
- Anyone using the waterpark must wear a life jacket
- Anyone disrespecting the toys will get a written warning the first time. The second time you will be banned for the season.
- *Be advised we are putting cameras all over the park and one area will be the beach. It is our job to keep everyone safe. Those who choose not to respect the rules and regulations continuously will not be renewed for seasonal site next year.
Zero tolerance for abusive or aggressive behaviour. This means that aggressive or violent behaviour towards our staff or any member of the public within Sunset Shores premises will not be tolerated under any circumstances. Any campers who gives verbal abuse to members of staff will be sent a letter from the Sunset Shores advising that this behaviour will not be tolerated. Any future violation of this policy will result in eviction. There will be no appeal process and no refund.
- Anyone who damages Sunset Shores property or anything belonging to Sunset Shores must pay for damages, time of repair and will get a written notice. Parents please speak to your children to respect our property as this rule also applies to them.
- To ensure everyone at Sunset Shores enjoys their stay we will be enforcing STRICT excessive noise rule. Please obey the 11pm-9am quiet time. Excessive noise will not be tolerated. You may sit out past 11pm and do as you please as long as it does not disrupt the peace of those around you. For gatherings, the lot owner is responsible for the noise level of their guests. You will get written notices for excessive noise level. If you received 3 written notices in one season you will forfeit your spot and will lose your site deposit.
- Driving speed limit is 10 km
- Insurance on your trailer, personal possessions and for public liability are your responsibility.
- Campers who have Sunset Shores picnic tables must return it to the Rec Hall. Picnic tables are for overnight sites and cabins only. There will be a $50 fine for removing picnic tables.
- Fines for dogs on the beach: $50
- Fines for throwing anything bigger than the Dump Trailers opening: $100
- Fines for not picking up your doggie's droppings: $100
- *Be advised, you will have 2 weeks to pay your fines. If you do not pay, you will be evicted and there will be no refund.
- We are enforcing Rules and Regulations for the best interests of everyone.
- *Sunset Shores reserves the right to Change or Amend any rules at no given notice.
- Please Contact Us for seasonal availability & rates
- 15 Amp
- 30 Amp
- Full Service
- Dump Stations
- Fire Pit
- Picnic Table