Our Seasonal Sites
Escape the hustle and bustle of the city by coming to Sunset Shores. Our seasonal facilities have everything you could dream - we are located at at the mouth of the Batchawana River on Highway 17 north, 68 kilometers north of Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
We have been blessed with one of the most beautiful locations on the eastern shores of Lake Superior on beautiful Batchawana Bay. At our seasonal locations you will find different sites available from a beachfront, lake view, pull-thru, tents or wooded RV sites big enough to accommodate big rigs with tows.
There is 15 and 30 AMP electric hook up, water or full service options, a dump station available for guests for gray water and every campsite is equipped with a fire pit and picnic table. Firewood can be purchased at the camp store.
Once you join our seasonal sites, you will be part of the larger sunset shores !Contact Us
- 15 Amp
- 30 Amp
- Full Service
- Dump Stations
- Fire Pit
- Picnic Table
- Please Contact Us for seasonal availability & rates
- Seasonal campers’ renewal or winter storage is due on Sunday September 20th, 2020
- Winter storage is $300 from October 14th 2019 until May 7th 2021. If you wish to renew and keep your seasonal site, then the $300 will go towards your total balance.
- Campers who wish to pull out after the winter must have their lot cleaned, clear all bills and have their RV off Sunset Shores property by May 7th 2021. You will be charged $20 per day until May 14th 2021, after that it will go up to the overnight rate.
- Campers who do not wish to store their RV here for winter and are not coming back for 2020 must have their lot cleaned, clear their electricity bills, and take their RV off Sunset Shores property by Oct 13th 2020.
- There will be a charge of $20$ per day after Oct 14th 2020
- We will post all available lots online and those who wish to change can leave their names for the lottery.
- Campers who wish to move sites must clear their lots and be in their new lots by Oct 18th 2020. You will be fined $20 per day past your deadline.
- Sunset Shores will open next year on Friday May 14th closing Sunday Oct 12th 2021.
- Seasonal Site rates for 2021
- Water + Electricity = $2100 + tax
- Full Service Sites = $2400 + tax
- Full Service Near Water = $2450 + tax
- Water front Sites = $3000 + tax
- Seasonal site payments are accepted from May 1st 2021 Seasonal campers will not be able to enter their site until full payments are made and license of occupation is fully signed.
- Seasonal sites are due in full by May 31st 2021. June 1st will be considered LATE.
- Late fee 100$
- Payments can be made with cash, e-Transfer, or debit card. No cheques. For credit card 2.5% surcharge will be added. Please e-Transfer to email@example.com
- Seasonal sites must be kept cleaned. Campers are responsible to upkeep their lot and cut the grass.
- Campers must have their lot clean within 2 weeks of Sunset Shores opening Date. Rake leaves, cut grass, etc. Sunset Shores will send a letter to remind campers to clean their lot. If they are unable to do so, our staff will clean your lot for a fee.
- Seasonal sites come with 2 parking spaces. Please have both cars’ plate numbers when you come into register.
- Seasonal sites are allowed 4 people per site or the total dependents under 21 years old.
- Campers that have less than 4 people per site may add names to their site for a total of 4. These names are permanent for the Season
- Seasonal campers will get access cards for the gate. There is a $10 deposit for each access card.
- Anything campers put into their lots, such as flowers, decks, or trees must be pre-approved by Sunset Shores. If it is approved, anything you put in will become Sunset Shores property except for your deck. If you do not wish to leave your deck behind, you must ask management if we would like to keep the deck. If not, you must take it with you.
- Campers who planted trees and flowers before 2019 and wants to take them back. It must be taken out by the end of this camping season on October 13th 2020. Whatever you take out, you must put back the dirt and level the ground.
- All seasonal campers must have the back-flow preventer water valve. It is mandatory to keep our drinking water safe. Please ask office if you're unsure.
- Do not cut any trees, branches or shrubs without speaking to management first. You will be fined or will have to replace anything you cut down.
- Do not cut pipes if it does not fit into your RV. Please speak to management and we may be able to assist you. If you cut it down you will have to replace everything that is damaged.
- Do not pour any concrete on your lot. You will pay for all damages.
- Campers who wish to sell their RV as a package which comes with a seasonal site at Sunset Shores will have to pay a fee of 600$ or 5% whichever is greater. Sunset Shores will promote it on our website and also on our Facebook page. We will act as your agent and can show potential buyers your RV trailer at your request.
- In the spring, campers are responsible for leaf raking on their lot and bring it to the back parking. (Please ask Management if unsure) Sunset Shores will no longer be providing leaf bags.
- All construction must be pre-approved by management and must be completed before July 1st or begin after Labour Day.
- Seasonal sites come with boat launch. Seasonal campers do not have to pay extra fee to launch boats.
- Only 2 pets per site
- Pets must be on a 6-foot leash at all times.
- Clotheslines are for swim wear only
- Non-sewer seasonal sites must have their holes connected all times to the honey wagon with the exception of when you take it out to the dump.
- No wooden sheds. Sheds must be plastic or metal and no larger than 6’x8’.
- As of 2020, all new fencing of any type will have to be less than 4’6”. Fencing that was put up prior to 2019 is excluded from this rule.
- All firewood must be stored neatly within the campsite boundaries, (1 face cord max 4 x 8 feet) Do not burn garbage. Do not leave fires unattended.
- All visitors must pay $5 for day visits and $8 to stay overnight.
- Day and overnight rates come with parking. Children under 4 are free.
- Sunset Shores will issue first warning a letter if campers have unregistered guest. If it continues we will terminate campers contract.
- Visitors are not permitted to drive around the park and must park at visitors parking.
- Visitors with boats must pay a fee and dock their boats at the dock or pole. If you park your boat/watercraft at the beach you will be asked to leave Sunset Shores with no refund.
- *Campers must inform friends or family to come to the office to register. Here at Sunset Shores we thrive to provide the best service. If you have friends or family visiting, understand to keep cost down for everyone visitors must pay.
- When the gate goes up, campers will be provided with car tags that will have all their information such as, name, site number, license plate and how many people are supposed to be on their lot. This is to be on displayed at all times when you’re here at Sunset. Anyone who does not have a tag will have their car towed
- Guests must register at the office to get a parking tag and pay for their visits.
- Electricity invoice are sent out twice a year. It will be emailed to you. Campers must pay bills before due date. A $10 charge will be added if your bill is not paid on time. Due two weeks after invoice was sent out.
- All boats whether docked by the dock or by the poles must registered and pay a fee.
- All paddle boats and any type of water-crafts that are left on the grass by the dock must be registered and pay a fee.
- Docks are renewed every year as a first come first serve. You must pay for your dock and site in full by May 31st 2020. Do not assume Sunset Shores will hold your docking space.
- Do not put any type of watercraft or floaters around the docks on the grass without permission. It will be removed to our storage. You will be fined $20 and Sunset Shores will not be responsible for any damages.
- To have your boat on Sunset Shores dock or pole, please come in with a good quality printed out picture of your boat. You must fill out an information sheet and pay for your boat dock in full. This also includes all types of water-crafts that will be stored on Sunset Shores grass by the dock
- Docking fee for 2020 is $20+tax per foot per season.
- Docking fee at the pole for 2020 is $100+tax per season
- Fee for leaving watercraft on the grass by the dock is $50 per season
- Anyone docking their boat illegally will be fined $100 per day.
- The fish shack is locked. If you wish to use the fish shack, please go to the office, leave a $10 deposit, your name, your lot number and phone number. Campers who use the fish shack must clean after themselves. Please inform management if you come into a dirty fish shack.
- Do not park anywhere around the dock. You must park in the designated area. (This will be defined in 2019) Anyone parking illegally will be fined $20.
- Cabin parking will only be for cabin rentals. Each cabin is allowed 1 free parking. Seasonal campers must not park around the beach and cabins. If you need to unload you may do so, and then park your car at your lot. Illegal parking will be fined $20.
- No parking around the big cottage house. Please park at the designated parking areas.
- Do not park on other peoples' lot or empty lots.
- Do not throw anything that does not fit into the dump trailer opening. Be advised we installed cameras around the park and at the garbage dump trailer. If you are caught illegal dumping yor contract will be terminated with no warning and no refund.
- Only a person with a G2 can drive any types of vehicle on Sunset Shores property.
- Do not drive vehicle drunk or with any open alcohol.
- Do not drive vehicle around the park.
- You may drive your ATV/UTV to the store, garbage, dock, beach to unload, and to pull your honey wagon to the dump
- The beach has limited space; do not park your ATV/UTV/golf cart there. You may only unload.
- Drive limit is 10 km/hr.
- No driving in after dark
- Water toys and water toy rules
- Water park opens May 24 weekend weather permitting until labour day weekend.
- No excessive pulling or tugging.
- No abusing the water toys
- No tipping any toys over
- No pushing
- Anyone disrespecting the toys will get a written warning the first time. The second time you will be banned for the season.
- *Be advised we have cameras all over the park and one area will be the beach. It is our job to keep everyone safe. Those who choose not to respect the rules and regulations continuously will not be renewed for seasonal site next year.
- Zero tolerance for abusive or aggressive behaviour. This means that aggressive, harassment or violent behaviour towards our staff or any member of the public within Sunset Shores premises will not be tolerated under any circumstances. Any campers who give verbal abuse to members of staff will be sent a letter from the Sunset Shores advising that this behaviour will not be tolerated. Any future violation of this policy will result in eviction. There will be no appeal process and no refund.
- Anyone who damages Sunset Shores property or anything belonging to Sunset Shores must pay for damages, time of repair and will get a written notice. Parents please speak to your children to respect our property as this rule also applies to them.
- To ensure everyone at Sunset Shores enjoys their stay we will be enforcing STRICT excessive noise rule. Please obey the 11pm-9am quiet time. Excessive noise will not be tolerated. You may sit out past 11pm and do as you please as long as it does not disrupt the peace of those around you. For gatherings, the lot owner is responsible for the noise level of their guests. You will get written notices for excessive noise level. If you received 3 written notices in one season you will forfeit your spot and will lose your site deposit.
- Insurance on your trailer, personal possessions and for public liability are your responsibility.
- Campers who have Sunset Shores picnic tables must return it to the Rec Hall. Picnic tables are for overnight sites and cabins only. There will be a $50 fine for removing picnic tables.
- Fines for dogs on the beach: $50
- Fines for not picking up your doggie droppings: $100*
- Be advised, you will have 2 weeks to pay your fines. If you do not pay, you will be evicted and there will be no refund.
- Campers with who have concerns or issues related to Sunset Shores must notify management and speak to us privately. We will be happy to help resolve your issue. Campers who post online will have a letter sent informing them they have broken our rule and if this continues, campers contract will be terminated.
- We are enforcing Rules and Regulations for the best interests of everyone.
- *Sunset Shores reserves the right to change or amend any rules at any given time
Boat Docking/Parking/Fish Shack